WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW ARE THEY USED BY GALDO MEDIA WEB SITE?
·Ensure that the web pages are functioning correctly
·Store your preferences, such as the language you select or the font size
·Know your browsing experience
·Compile anonymous statistical data such as which pages you have visited and how long you spend on our pages
Cookies are associated with an anonymous user and a computer/device and they do not provide references which enable personal data to be accessed. At all times you are able to access your browser settings to modify and/or block the installation of cookies sent by the GALDOMEDIA website without restricting access to its contents. However the operating quality of the services may be affected.
Users who complete the registration process or who have initiated a session with their access details will be able to access personalized services adapted to their preferences according to the personal information provided on registering and stored in the cookie of the browser.
The email-marketing tools of GALDOMEDIA use small images unseen by the user which are included in emails. This technology allows us to know whether an email has been read or not, and on what date, the IP address from which it was consulted, etc. With this information we carry out analytical and statistical studies about the emails sent and received in order to improve the range of services which the user is subscribed to and to offer information that may be of interest.
WHY ARE COOKIES IMPORTANT?
·From a technical point of view, they allow the web site to function more easily and to adapt to the users' preferences, for example store the language selected, the unit of currency or detect the device used to access it.
·They establish levels of protection and security which stop or hinder ciberattacks against the web site or its users.
·They allow those who manage the web site to obtain statistical data compiled in the cookies to improve the quality and experience of the services.
·They serve to optimise the publicity that we show to users by offering that which is most suited to their interests.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DOES GALDOMEDIA USE?
- Session cookies expire when the user leaves the page or closes the browser, in other words, they are active whilst the user is accessing the web page and are erased from our computer when the users leaves the page.
- Permanent cookies expire when they fulfill the objective they were designed for or when eliminated manually, they have an elimination date and are normally used to purchase online, to personalize or to register and to avoid constantly introducing a password.
- On the other hand, according to the entity which manages the software or site that sends the cookies and handles the data, it is possible to distinguish between own cookies and third party ones.
- Own cookies are those which are sent to your computer and handled exclusively by us to improve the web site performance. The information that we compile is used to improve the quality of our services and your experience as a user.
- If you interact with the contents of our web site, third party cookies can also be established ( for example when clicking on social network icons or viewing videos placed on our site). These cookies are established by a different domain to our website. We cannot access the data stored in the cookies of other web sites when you browse them.
Browsing this web page allows the following types of cookies to be installed:
·PERFORMANCE: These cookies are used to improve your browsing experience and to optimize web site performance. For example video and sound volume controls, to save purchases in a basket when online shopping, optimum video playing speeds...
·GEO-POSITIONING: These cookies are used to store data refering to the computer or device's geo-position in order to offer appropriate contents and services. For example contents related to the country, city, language...
·REGISTRATION: Registration cookies are created when registering or when a session is started on one of our web pages. For example, they allow you to remain identified even when closing the browser unless the session is closed or disconnected, they can be used to access certain parts of our web page such as participating in a competition....
·ANALYICAL: These cookies compile information about your browsing experience on our web site in a totally anonymous way. For example, to calculate the number of visitors to the page or the most viewed contents, to know whether the user is accessing for the first time or is repeating or if the information can help us to inprove browsing and offer you a better service.
·PUBLICITY: These cookies compile information about adverts shown to each anonymous user on the web site. For example to adapt the publicity to the type of device the user is connected to or to provide adverts managed by third parties which are shown on the web site in real time.
Some services offered by GALDOMEDIA may be connected to various social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, etc. By using a social network you are authorising the said network to store a persistent cookie. This cookie recalls your identity making access much faster for further visits. This cookie can be eliminated and access to GALDOMEDIA services can be cancelled from the privacy settings on the social network site.
HOW CAN I ADJUST MY COOKIES SETTINGS?
Links to the main browsers and devices are offered below in order for you to access all the necessary information on how to manage cookies in your browser:
Internet Explorer™ :
Version 7 y 8
If you require any further information about cookies settings in detail by the provider or to manage your preferences, visit Your Online Choices.
COOKIES POLICY UPDATES